Monday, 10 December 2012

Sense of Space - Audio Ideas

After mind mapping for the audio part of the sense of space project, I thought it would be a good idea to try out some objects in my room that could make some interesting sounds. Objects such as a stapler or the clicking of a pen, could be made into the sound of something completely different. After experimenting with several objects,
I decided to look at using objects to make a specific sound. The idea for this came from one of our sounds sessions, where we were attempting to make the sound of a door slam into an passing aircraft using Sound Track Pro.
I then decided to research some sound designers to see if I could gather inspiration from them. The first one that I found was that of John Hurt. It is a short piece but it gave me a first look into other ways of experimenting with sound.


I found this useful as a first look into sound design, and because of this I decided to look at more complex structures of sound design. The animated film WALL-E is a film that had never even crossed my mind when it comes to sound. However, when I came across a special features clip on the sound design for it on youtube, I found myself surprised at how much goes into it. What shocked me the most is the creation of Eva's laser gun was in fact from the striking of a outstretched slinky.


No comments:

Post a Comment